CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Why so afraid?

First let me start with the fact that this is my very first blog EVER! I'm hesitant, but I figure what the heck, right! That being said, I sit here pondering many things...."fear" being the one I think on the most. The word it's self means little to some and the world to others. I know first hand what fear can do to someone. I live in a constant state of fear....fear of the unknown, fear of the known, fear of life, fear of death. I know that I have nothing to fear, but fear itself....but isn't that enough.
I sit and think, if things continue with our economy, how will we survive? If things continue with our ungodly nation, how will we survive? But like most, instead of taking my fears to my Father, I sit....and think....and fear! Why? Why do I fear, who do I fear, what do I fear? EVERYTHING! I fear everything. I can't sleep, I can't enjoy my family, I can't breath. I let my imagination run with the thoughts and the "what ifs". The fear is so gripping that I'm afraid to leave my home. I'm a prisoner. I'm a captive to my mind. What shall I do? Whom shall I trust? No one other than Jesus....Lord, here I am. At the end of myself. Asking you to take this fear that grips my being. And like always He answers.....with love and peace. A peace like no other. A love like no other.

Thank You Lord that I do not have a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. My life is in Your hands. You are my Father, you will keep me and never forsake me. I praise YOU for taking the fear that once crippled me. I bless You Father God for delivering me! For You are good! And worthy of my praise!

2 comments:

Bird's Words said...

I love the blog! welcome to the blogging world. good to have you here. As for the fear, I will be praying that God continues to remind you of His power and protection over you. If God is for us, who (or what) can be against us??

I love you friend!!

Dawn said...

Randa,
I followed you here from your Homeschool Lounge account. Good for you to start a blog. Writing has always helped me work through many of the same fears that you mention.

Don't give the people that hurt you the power to control your life through fear. They are nothing.

You are on the right track.

Let the Lord bless you and keep you. Count your blessings daily. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8

Bless You,
Your Lounge Sister,
Dawn